Business disputes, while unfortunate, are inevitable. Almost all businesses will be exposed to some form of business dispute during their lifetime, and sometimes the stakes are high.
At Lawrences, our team of dedicated and experienced professionals understand that business disputes can have a tremendous impact on your business and its finances. We will work closely with you to understand the issues, manage the dispute, and propose cost-effective options tailored to your needs. If mediation, arbitration or litigation are required, our Litigation lawyers have extensive trial and appellate experience before the courts and specialized administrative tribunals.
Some of the business disputes that we commonly handle include:
- Membership disputes (not-for-profit corporations)
- Shareholder disputes
- Franchise agreement disputes
- Corporate governance disputes
- Oppression of minority shareholders
- Supply and distribution agreement disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Termination of business relationships
- Share valuation disputes
- Forced buy-out disputes
- Derivative actions
- Winding-up of businesses
- Breach of fiduciary duties