Manpreet is an associate in Lawrences’ Real Estate Practice Group. Her practice is largely focused on the acquisition, financing and sale of commercial and residential properties throughout Ontario. Manpreet regularly acts for purchasers and vendors in the purchase and sale of their homes, be it as first time homebuyers, long-time home owners or seasoned investors. As an experienced real estate solicitor, Manpreet regularly reviews and drafts Agreements of Purchase and Sale for vendors and purchasers, whether for new construction homes and condominiums from developers, or resales of existing properties, and provides comprehensive advice and recommendations to our clients in that regard. Prior to joining the firm, Manpreet was a senior associate at a large full practice firm and was responsible for managing a high volume of real estate files with ease and a “cool head.”
Manpreet has extensive experience with family and Estate conveyancing, for the disposition of real properties as part of the administration of an Estate, or as part of an Estate plan. Manpreet has also acted for both private individuals and institutions in secured lending transactions, and in the acquisition and sale of cottage properties and vacant land. She is well versed in guiding clients in all of these areas.
Manpreet also assists in the firm’s extensive land development practice for residential, commercial and industrial subdivisions, severances, minor variance applications and new or conversion condominium developments. She also provides guidance to condominium corporations on governance matters.
Manpreet also guides both landlords and tenants in the negotiation, drafting and enforcement of commercial and industrial leases.
Manpreet is fluent in Punjabi, both verbal and written and is conversational in Hindi.
- Routinely acts for clients in purchase, sale and refinancing transactions, throughout the GTA and beyond, including the successful resolution of complex title deficiencies and transaction closing problems.
- With the recent increase in new home purchase 'flips' or Assignments, Manpreet has also gained experience in reviewing complex Assignments of Agreements of Purchase and Sale and advising both Assignees and Assignors on recommended amendment provisions to better protect them.
- Successfully negotiated lease provisions in a commercial lease agreement in favour of the commercial tenant to allow exclusivity of use.
- Negotiated favourable extension terms for a purchaser where initial lender withdrew funding and alternative lending was arranged for, within 24 hours.
- Assisted clients in the registration of cautions and matrimonial designations on property to protect their interests.
- Represented purchaser in a difficult cottage purchase involving access rights.
- Guided foreign investors and homeowners in the tax implications involved in the purchase and sale of property in Ontario.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Peel Law Association
- South Asian Bar Association
Thank you to Manpreet Uppal for all the work you have done for us. We truly appreciate your professionalism, and excellent service, advice and confident representation, and will not hesitate to contact you again!