Called to the Bar: 2011
Email: click here
Maja Mitrovic is an associate in Lawrences’ Business Law and Real Estate Groups.
Maja practices corporate/commercial law, with a focus on private company law. She represents and advises owner-managed businesses and shareholders on matters including shareholder arrangements, corporate finance and personal property security. Her work to date has included drafting and negotiating share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, general security agreements, loan agreements, promissory notes, guarantees, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
In addition, Maja practices real estate law with a focus on commercial and residential real estate. She represents and advises clients on residential purchases, sales, mortgages, and leases. Maja also advises condominium corporations and assists with the registration of condominium corporations.
• Assisted with the purchase of all shares of a private industrial equipment company, including designing an effective corporate structure and inter-corporate loan arrangement to finance the purchase.
• Negotiated the sale of a client’s privately held shares in a real estate investment company.
• Assisted with the sale of a local farmland property that attracted multiple offers and eventually sold to a real estate developer for a residential development project.
“Summary Judgment Under Reformed Rule 20”. With Robert J. van Kessel. Civil Litigation The New Rules: One Year On, OBA Institute 2011.
• Peel Law Association
• Canadian Bar Association
• Ontario Bar Association
• Law Society of Upper Canada
• Called to the Ontario bar 2011
• JD University of Windsor Law School 2010 (Recipient of the E. Bruce Leonard Prize and the Robert H. Wilson Memorial Award)
• BA in Economics and Business, York University, 2006
• Treasurer, Rotaract Club of Brampton
• English, Croatian and Serbian