In both commercial and residential real estate, the condominium form of ownership can be very beneficial for all concerned. However, the legal issues are complex: they differ from other kinds of ownership and demand a legal team with depth of experience in this field.
Lawrences has acted for numerous clients in a wide variety of condominium developments throughout Southern Ontario, especially Peel Region and the Greater Toronto Area. We represent many clients in the GTA on the purchase and sale of units. Because we also act for landowners who have developed their lands and registered Condominium Corporations, we understand the issues that are important to both the Vendor and the Purchaser and we know the Condominium Act.
Lawrences’ services include:
- The completion of purchase and sale transactions for residential, recreational, commercial and industrial condominiums, from both builders and resale sellers
- Review, negotiation and drafting of Agreements of Purchase and Sale and amendments
- Advice on financing commitments and negotiation of appropriate security for borrowers and lenders
- Assisting with due diligence investigations, title and off-title searches and review of Disclosure Statements and Status Certificates
- Completion of purchase and sale closing documentation, Statements of Adjustments and completion of closings
- Assistance with post-closing undertakings and adjustments