The success of a business is greatly aided by finding suitable premises at a competitive rate. If you are the Tenant, you need to be aware of many issues that affect your ability to operate your business on those premises. If you are the Landlord, you need to protect your assets in unforeseen circumstances. Both parties should seek legal advice on the terms of the lease. Lawrences has extensive experience acting for both Landlords and Tenants in a wide range of commercial, industrial and farm leases throughout Southern Ontario, especially Brampton, Peel Region, and the GTA. We also assist Landlords with lease enforcement and advise Tenants and Landlords on lease disputes.
- Due diligence for Tenants and reviews of office, retail, commercial, industrial, condominium and franchise leases
- Preparation of office, retail/shopping centre, commercial, industrial, condominium and franchise leases for Landlords
- Negotiation of leases, amendments and renewals for Landlords and Tenants
- Lease dispute resolution between Landlords and Tenants and enforcement and defense of rights
- Occupancy and co-tenancy agreements