Called to the Bar: 2003
Email: click here
Chris represents and advises clients on commercial and residential real estate transactions, including land development. He also assists clients with financing arrangements, such as mortgages and lines of credit. Chris completes and reviews leases and advises clients on commercial landlord and tenant matters.
Chris also assists clients with their estate plans and prepares the required documents, such as Wills, trusts and powers of attorney. Chris works with executors, trustees, beneficiaries and attorneys for property and personal care, providing guidance on all matters relating to administration of estates.
• Worked with farm families to develop plans for succession of family farm properties, including drafting co-tenancy agreements and related real estate documents.
• Drafted a deed of arrangement to correct a partial intestacy created by a poorly drafted Will.
• Assisted a commercial condominium corporation with enforcement of a lien and collected all arrears of common expenses and costs owing by the delinquent owner.
• Represented a beneficiary under a trust in negotiations with a trustee holding real estate and registered a caution preventing the trustee from dealing with the property other than in accordance with the terms of the trust.
• Completed the purchases of residential rental and apartment properties.
• Drafted and negotiated commercial leases for both landlords and tenants.
• Advised business owners regarding estate planning measures involving dual Wills and testamentary trusts.
“Are You Ready for the Harmonized Sales Tax?” The Lawrences Letter, Spring 2010.
• Peel Law Association
• Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations
• Member of the Continuing Legal Education Committee, Ontario Bar Association (Young Lawyers Division)
• Law Society of Upper Canada
• Christian Legal Fellowship
• Brampton Board of Trade
• Member, Etobicoke Chamber of Commerce advisory board to the Toronto Board of Trade 2006–2008
• Director and Legal Counsel, Etobicoke Chamber of Commerce 2004-2006
• Called to the Ontario bar 2003
• LLB University of Western Ontario 2002
• Honours BA in Economics, York University 1999
• Trustee, Long Branch Baptist Church
• Missions Committee, Long Branch Baptist Church
• Director, St. George (Bannerman) Foundation
• Convener, Etobicoke Dolphins Girls Hockey League
• Assistant Coach, Etobicoke Dolphins Girls Hockey League
• Coach, children’s soccer
• Member, Rotary Club of Brampton
• Member, Rotary Club of Etobicoke 2004 - 2008
• Director and Secretary, Central Children’s Safety Village Corporation 2002 - 2003